Name– Yangtze River (Chang Jiang/ Chang-jyang)
Meaning– Long River
- Longest River in Asia and 3rd longest river in the world
- One of the two main rivers in China
- Yangtze River Cruises
- Ancient places, artwork and history
- Industrial, Scenic and ancient sites
- Huge inland waterway for industry and travel
- Biggest dam
- Stunning array of scenery- it ranges from the high peaks of Qinghai to inland plain and from jungles and natural highlights to the biggest dam, The Three Gorges Dam, having biggest electric generation installation to big cities along the Yangtze to the sea
Most Popular Sections
• Middle Reaches: Lesser Three Gorges, Three Gorges and Chongqing,Fengdu Ghost City
• Lower Reaches: Nanjing, Wuhan, Shanghai
• Upper Reaches: Lijiang, First Bend of the Yangtze River, Tiger Leaping Gorge
Plan Your Yangtze River cruise
• Most popular local products and souvenirs: Dairy and fruit products around Lijiang, porcelain, Chinese paintings, silk, jade, jewelry and silverware in Shanghai Nanjing
• Most popular food: meat and products in Lijiang, reganmian or hot dry noodles in Wuhan, hotpot in Sichuan and Boiled Duck and eight delicacies soup With Salt n Nanjing.
• The British Empire established a trading concession in Wuhan in 1861.
• Little captained the first steamship that reached Chongqing in 1898.
• In late 20th century, many Yangtze River locations became international tourist attractions.
• China began excavating a side channel for blocking the Yangtze River and building the dam in 1993.
• Significance: The basin of Yangtze is the home for one third of population of China, and the river allows ship transport to all the way to Chongqing. It is the most important river for industry, agriculture and inland travel. It is also considered to divide the line between northern and southern China.
• Tourism: You can view the one of the deepest gorges of the world at the Tiger leaping Gorges along with many ancient and scenic spots and one of the biggest cities and industrial areas of world in Shanghai.
Leave a Reply