Question by Chelsea: I have a question about visa’s and vaccinations?
In September, I’m going on a 22 day cruise to Alaska, Russia, Japan, South Korea, and China.

I live in California, where do I go to get Visa’s for these countries? Can I do it online? And where can I find more information?

Also, what/is there any vaccinations I will need for Russia, Japan, South Korea, and China? Where can I find information on this?
Also, I can’t find my passport at the moment, if I have to order a new one, how much is it and how long does it take?

Best answer:

Answer by Jennifer B
1 – the passport. You need to do this first so you can get the visa for each country needed stamped into the passport. Go to . You’ll need to fill out a form to report the stolen passport, and also fill out forms and apply in person for a new passport.

It could take 6-8 weeks to get the new passort, and will cost $ 100 (not including cost of pictures and the local passport processing fees if any).

#2. Visa – You should not need a visa for Japan or South Korea. You do need a visa for Russia and China. Go to the website for the consulates of Russia and China in the United States and they will tell you what you need to do to get the visa. Usually it involves an application and fees to be paid. If you are close enough to the consulate you can usually do this in person. And if you don’t live close enough, you’ll send them the paperwork, fees and your passport by courier.

#3 Immunization – double check this list from the Centers from Disease Control regarding immunizations to where you will be visiting/what you will be doing in each country. Your doctor may be able to give you these immunizations. If he/she cannot, then look for a “travel medicine clinic”

Give your answer to this question below!