Question by >’_’
1.)What is the capital of the South American country Brazil?
2.)Which country has the largest land area in the western hemisphere?
3.)A compass rose may show both cardinal directions and intermediate directions. What are cardinal directions? What are intermediate directions?
4.)Through which four South American countries does 20 degrees S latitude pass?
5.)The following are the four longest rivers in the world: 1. Nile, 2.Amazon3.)Ob-Irtysh $ .Chang Jiang (Yangtze)? On which continents are they found?
6.)Lima is the capital of Peru. Is it east or west of 80 degrees W longitude?
7.)Population density is the average number of people per square mile or square kilometer. Which country would you guess has a lower population density, Norway or Italy? Why?
8.)How many degrees south of the equator is the south pole?
~Thank you for helping me; And yes I’m very bad at geography, so I have to ask every week~
nope, i have 36 question, these are just the ones i don’t really get. >:0 thats why i need help?? hello to the person who said that?!
Thank you so much for helping me, it’s just that there’s always a few questions i don’t know for my study guide, thanks to you, I’m able to complete it, yay! ^^
Answer by critters
3. cardinal: north, south, east, and west; intermediate: northeast, northwest, southeast and southwest
4. Brazil, Bolivia, Paraguay, and Chile
5. Nile – Africa, Amazon – South America, Ob-Irtysh – Asia and Chang Jiang – Asia
6. east of 80° – it is 76° 55’°W
7. Norway is 12 people per KM, Italy is 196.1 /KM Norway is lower by far – reason Protestant with 82.7 % (more practice of bith control – family size is 1.4 children
Italy – Catholics make up for the 87.8% – have in the past had more children on average – generally family size in urban areas is 1.4 however in rural areas it is 4.0
– Italy has a better climate – maybe less people emigrate to another country – or perhaps more people who have emigrated return home when they are ready to retire (cheaper to purchase land/homes/to live)
What do you think? Answer below!